Cup 38

Cup  38Today’s Cup 38 was transacted at Starbucks, zip code 97303. Instead of making a quick run into the drive-thru, I made my way inside the store. I was greeted by a colleague, who quickly gave me a big smile and said: “So, what number am I?”  I then laughed, as it didn’t take her too long to figure out that she was my random cup of kindness for the day. She was happy to sip the day’s Cup 38.

As I made my way to the counter, one of the baristas belted out: “Hey, how’s the blog?” I laughed again at the fun of all of it, now that the crew knows my game plan. I quickly ordered the coffees and the counter barista asked for the name on coffee #1. I replied “Frances.” She then asked for the name on coffee #2. Again, I replied: “Frances.” She gave a quizzical look, and I said, “Frances for both. I’m using my coffee name, of course. Everyone needs a coffee name. You never use your real name.” She, along with another customer began to laugh and tell me they never knew there was such a concept. The customer said: “I didn’t know you were supposed to have a coffee name!” Again, I chuckled. You see, I only invented my coffee name because my real name is quite unique and often misspelled and mispronounced. I save others from the name confusion, and always use Frances as my coffee name.

So, here’s to another day,  and another cup of Fully Caffeinated Generosity and Hope. Until tomorrow, and until another round of fun. For Frances et al.

Advertisements

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 thoughts on “Cup 38

1. istopforsuffering January 21, 2013 at 7:05 pm Reply

I love your coffee pseudonym 😀

2. The Rock Tumbler January 21, 2013 at 7:29 pm Reply

Hey thanks! So glad you stopped by long enough to read a few posts. Cheers!

3. typositive January 21, 2013 at 7:54 pm Reply

The concept of this blog is so unique! I love that you’re keeping a log of this year long project (: and meanwhile spreading some happiness

4. The Rock Tumbler January 21, 2013 at 8:13 pm Reply

Hello @typositive…so glad you stopped by. You know, I didn’t really plan this, rather, I let it unfold…and it’s turning into a mini-coffee-kindness memoir of sorts! So fun. 🙂

5. Cheryl Lamon January 26, 2013 at 11:22 am Reply

I have a coffee name too – Violet – after my grandmother. I am enjoying reading your other posts. Great concept!!

6. The Rock Tumbler January 26, 2013 at 11:21 pm Reply

I just knew there were others out there with a coffee name, too. Thanks Violet, for taking the time to read the blog and for such thoughtful comments. I really appreciate the feedback.